Turkey Visa for Indian Citizens
India is one of the many countries in Asia and South-East Asia which can visit Turkey if they possess the necessary documentation for valid visitors. Any Indian citizen can easily attain a Turkish visa. All they have to do is follow the procedure for the online e-visa and get their e-visa from the comfort of their homes. The other option is to visit a Turkish embassy and follow documentation for a physical visa processing.
How to Request a Turkish e-Visa:
The Indian citizens have been provided with the facility to apply for a Turkish visa in 3 easy steps without leaving their house.
The 1st step is to go to the official website for the Turkish e-visa and fill out the Turkey eVisa application form containing all the necessary information.
The 2nd step is to provide a valid passport with a valid residence certificate and pay the processing Turkey visa fee for the obtain visa.
Lastly, the requested individual will receive their Turkish e-visa by mail. They are then required to print the visa and bring the copy for departure from India to Turkey.
Necessary Documentation for a Turkish Visa:
The Turkish government has applied for a few Turkey visa required documents to ensure the safety of both the visitor and the citizens of Turkey.
- Firstly, every individual will have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents.
- The individuals will also need an Indian passport with the minimum expiry date being at least 6 months away from the departure to Turkey.
- Next, every individual must have a vaccination certificate, with the last dose being 14 days before the flight at maximum. They will need a PCR and Antigen test 3 days before departure for Turkey. Every visitor will also need a residence permit or data for their stay in Turkey.
- Every visitor must also possess a credit card or a debit card to proceed with the online processing fee of their e-visa processing.
- Verify that the information provided is accurate and free of errors
- Every visitor will be required to fill out a Entrance Form for Turkey to keep track of their activity and avoid spreading the COVID-19 virus.
Travel from India to Turkey:
The requested Turkish visa will be provided to the Indian citizen minimum of 24 hours or a maximum of 3 days after the application is received. The individual will allow access to their e-visa via the provided email address when filling out the form.
Each visitor is required to print their recently received visa from the inbox and travel through one of the following routes as long as the time for the visa has not exceeded 90 days:
- Indian citizens can travel to Turkey by road as long as they have their visa copy on hand.
- The citizens can also take the sea-port route and land directly on the Turkish shores.
- Indian flights also directly or indirectly bring their passengers to Turkey. The main two airports are New Delhi and Mumbai airport to Istanbul airport.
No, every citizen from India arriving in Turkey, whether by air, land, or sea, must hold a copy of their e-visa, provided to each individual by email. No entry will be allowed even if every other document except the e-visa is present.
Yes, Indian citizens are allowed to visit Turkey under certain conditions. These include:
- They have not visited a high COVID case country in the past month
- They have been fully vaccinated at least fifteen days before the trip,
- They possess a valid Indian passport with a minimum six-month expiry,
- They have obtained a valid e-visa and a residence permit.
Yes, any citizen from India will not be allowed to enter Turkey unless they have a valid e-visa with a 90-day permit. This condition applies to both visitors who received their visas from the e-visa process and visitors who went to a Turkish embassy to obtain their visa.
The total processing fee for the e-visa can vary depending upon the type of visa and the condition for urgency for the creation of a visa. Whatever final amount is presented has to be paid via an online transaction method with the help of a debit or credit card.